Monday, July 12, 2010

Salmon with Cajun Blackening Spices

Great rub...I thought this was going to be spicy because its Cajun, but its actually very mild and full of flavor.. This was used on salmon but can easily be used on any type of meat. I would suggest leaving it on for about 24 hours if its NOT fish.  So here it is..I got this rub from a book called Cook simply everything...Yum Yum

Ingredients:

1tbsp ground cummin seeds
1 tbsp coriander seeds, crushed ( If you have a spice rack...then you probably have this. I just used the bottom of a cup to grind it up.)
1 tbsp dried ground garlic ( or garlic powder)
2 tbsp paprika or pimento (smoked spanish paprika)
1 tbsp coarsley ground white or black pepper
1 tbsp dried thyme
1 tsp dried oregano
1 tbsp fine salt ( The recipe actually calls for 2 tbsp but i thought it was kinda salty.)

Directions:
1. Mix all the ingredients together and rub on each side of salmon. Let sit for 15 minutes.

2. Saute salmon in olive oil .Thicker piece- 5 to 7 minutes on each side. . Thinner piece- 2 to 4 minutes on each side To check doneness use a fork in the middle of the salmon. If it flakes easily, then it is done.

No comments:

Post a Comment